Choosing A recycler
Did you know there are recyclers selling PCB for component removed and resell – the question is do these components contain data? Multi billion dollar industry in China (please expand to full sentence). We see the same thing happening in South Africa. How confident are you that you chose the right electronic recycler for your business?
Ask yourself these questions to make an informed decision:
- Are they in possession of a “Waste License” to recycle e-waste?
- Do they have standards (ISO) in place for recycling in an environmental and correct manner?
- Have you done your due diligence by visiting the recycling facility to verify everything is recycled and that they are certified and registered with authorities?
- Do they have the machinery to shred and process your e-waste?
- Do they have the shredding machinery for processing hard disc drives or any other information storage devices?
- Do they provide a destruction certificate with photos once equipment has been recycled?
- Make sure the company you appoint is doing the recycling and not passing onto a third party for recycling or exporting it?
- Are all printed circuit boards shredded and processed locally or exported in its original form?
- Do they have their own vehicles to transport e-waste or done by third party?
- Don’t you want you equipment destroyed and processed in South Africa rather than being exported and provide work for local people?
Did you know there are recyclers selling PCB for component removed and resell – the question is do these components contain data? Multi billion dollar industry in China.
Desco Electronic Recyclers complies to all of the above 10 points.
Give us call and have peace of mind.